Amanda's Book Due Out April 30, 2013

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Amanda Knox Appeal: Knox Addresses the Court In Perugia

May 21, 2011 - Amanda Knox addressed the Italian court earlier today at her appeal hearing saying "I have been in prison for three years now and I am innocent... It is very frustrating and it is mentally exhausting and I want the truth to be found." Becoming emotional Knox continued "I remember how I was young and how I did not understand anything and the most important thing is that I do not want to stay in prison unjustly for all my life."
The big news for the day seems to be that the judge will allow the testimony of 5 serving inmates who have written letters to the court stating that Knox is innocent. This testimony will be heard next month over a two day period.

As far as I am concerned Amanda should win her appeal easily, and the only question in my mind is not 'if' she is to be released but 'when'. The sooner Knox is released from prison the better. The injustice of this thing is just overwhelming. I think the appeal judges have done a wonderful job, leaving no stone unturned to get at the truth. And like that old saying goes "The truth will set you free".

No comments:

Note

This forum is not endorsed by Amanda Knox nor her family or legal council. It is an independent venture for the purpose of an open public forum on Amanda's pending appeal in Italy. It is for educational purposes only.
Powered By Blogger